Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge
From Nags Head and points north
1) Rt. 158 E to mile post 17
2) stay in left lane and pick up signs for Rt. 12 S Hatteras Island/ Ocracoke.
3) left 12 S
4) continue past the Bodie Island light house and up and over the Oregon Inlet
6) continue 6 more miles to mile post 34, 2 miles south of Pea Island Visitors Center
7) right into parking lot at mile post 34, just beyond the Captain Richard Etheridge Bridge – currently no sign at parking lot
8) park in spaces on left designated for cars
From Rodanthe and points south
1) 12 N
2) 4 miles north of Rodanthe to mile post 34
3) left into New Inlet Parking Lot @ mile post 34 (currently no mile post sign or sign for parking area), just before the Captain Richard Etheridge Bridge.
4) park in spaces on left designated for cars
Special Note: We do not meet at the Pea Island Visitors Center. Our parking lot is 2 miles south of visitors center just south of Captain Richard Etheridge Bridge.